Setsu Niseko Assistant Hotel Manager
Setsu Niseko is a luxury hotel-condominium development located central to the resort in Hirafu Village. Boasting 190 units, Setsu is one of the most significant properties in the area and also has multiple food and beverage outlets, an extensive onsen and spa, a gym, kids' room, and a yoga room. It also has an extensive ski valet and locker area. Developed by one of the foremost developers in Asia, SC Global and it is scheduled to open in Summer 2022.
The Assistant Hotel Manager will oversee Front Office, Housekeeping, and Maintenance team, and assist
the Hotel Manager in maintaining smooth day-to-day hotel operations. This person is charged with ensuring owners
and guests are experiencing a memorable stay at Setsu Niseko by providing a high quality of service. The
role will be a crucial part of the pre-opening build-up for hotel operation in the first season. The role
involves a very strong focus on direct management of various team members as well as working closely
with other departments and various outlet operators all year round but with a strong focus in the winter.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Hotel Manager to ensure the successful opening of Setsu Niseko
- Assist Hotel Manager to oversee the daily smooth function of hotel operation
- Provide hands-on management and support mainly for the Front Office (including Front Desk, Bell, Driver, Concierge, and Owner Liaison), Housekeeping, and Maintenance team
- Work closely with other departments, food and beverage operators, spa operator, ski shop operator, and other businesses to deliver a high level of guest experience to ensure owners and guests receive the very best of Setsu Niseko service
- Handle and resolve any owner and guest-related issues
- Review owner's and guest feedback and take effective action
- Recruitment of new full-time and seasonal staff
- Monitor performance of staff, provide feedback, coaching, and training as required
- Conduct performance reviews with relevant staff as necessary
- Ensure the working environment is safe and create a happy working environment
- Communicate closely with other departments as required and participate in the overall management of the property
- The role is flexible and the manager will have to adapt as necessary to the changing market conditions and operational constraints
This position reports to the Hotel Manager.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of hotel management experience ideally with seasonal/resort experience. Hotel opening experience is a plus.
- A self-starter that can work independently and achieve targets
- Understand Setsu Niseko’s vision for customer service and be committed to its delivery
- Be an excellent, flexible, inspirational, and involved team player
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well under pressure and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and work to deadlines with close attention to detail
- Always be punctual and considerate of fellow work colleagues
- Ideally native or fluent in business both Japanese and English
- Visa status permitting full-time work in Japan. Sponsorship available for the right applicant
- Driving license essential
- Salary (plus annual discretionary bonus)
- Paid statutory holidays. 10 days after 6 months of employment, 11 days after 1 year, and 6 months of employment
- Discounts on a variety of products owned within the group: ski rentals, ski school, golf, etc
- Individual Seasonal HANAZONO Grand Hirafu lift pass
- Japanese Health Insurance and Pension according to the law
- Commuting allowance to and from your home to work, capped at 45,000 yen per month
- Retirement plan (After 10 years of service)
If you are interested, please don't hesitate to send an e-mail with your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
Why Book Directly?
Vacation Niseko has over a decade of experience and an unrivalled expertise tailoring seamless winter packages to Niseko.
Our extensive range of vacation packages cater to all levels of skiers and snowboarders, offering a wide choice of accommodations to suit your budget, style and location.
Our partnerships allows us to offer you unrivalled access to a range of Niseko's best winter activities and services at the most competitive prices.
Present your Vacation Niseko Guest Card for various special offers and discounts across the resort and beyond.