If you're considering booking with us, or just want more information, we're happy to answer all your questions and get you set up.
General Manager Job Description
As the Vacation Niseko General Manager, you will ensure the efficient and profitable running of the business to ensure that all key stakeholders are getting the best possible outcomes whether they be employees, guests or owners. You will have the job of the daily oversight of the operational aspects of the business particularly at peak summer and winter seasons. In the off-seasons, the work will tend to focus on preparation and various other works including recruitment, property renovations, change and improvement projects, event planning and more. You will have a close relationship with key personnel at Vacation Niseko and the owners. You will work closely with the Representative Director and the Assistant General Manager and ensure that your activities are coordinated and effective addressing strategic and operational concerns. Diplomacy, tact and a helpful, positive, professional presentation are required.
- Ensure the business works on a day to day basis and that service levels are maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Take a role and become involved in driving the various key areas of the business and identifying opportunities to improve service, reduce costs and enhance profitability.
- Calculate and execute different service plans for the various NMS buildings in conjunction with the various functional managers. Produce budget and staffing plans for buildings with concierge services.
- Have a clear vision for NMS’s operations and its key business units and demonstrate strong leadership to employees and to the community. Develop and nature key relationships both within the group and
- Take a strong role in the recruitment of core NMS staff, attend interviews and suggest internal moves and promotions as necessary.
- Be able to motivate your team and strive towards the achievement of NMS’s stated business goals/KPIs within stated business constraints.
- Maintain loyalty at a customer and property owner level through outstanding service quality and delivery.
- Produce with ideas for systems improvements and innovation to reduce costs and improve profitability.
- Ensure NMS retains its reputation as Niseko’s property and letting management company of choice.
- Be ready to think flexible and respond to the changing demands of the market
- Provide help, information and suggestions to NMS at all levels, and attend all meetings as required.
- Full-time position based on 40 hour week. Additional work is required as per the operational demands of the business. Weekend work is likely in peak seasons.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Previous hotel management in a condominium hotel or hotel setting is essential.
- Experience and knowledge of operating in a highly seasonal environment
- Ideally English native level with bilingual skills a plus.
- Be an excellent, flexible, inspirational and involved team player.
- Understand NMS’s vision for customer service and be committed to its delivery.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide cross section of community stakeholders, as well as with those within the company.
- Ability to set priorities and work to deadlines with close attention to detail.
- Must be able to receive directives and ensure they are accurately and promptly followed through in the manner specified to their conclusion.
- Always be punctual and considerate of fellow work colleagues.
- Visa status permitting full-time work in Japan. Sponsorship available for the right applicant.
- Driving license essential.
Benefits / Perks
- Paid statutory holidays
- As a Niseko Management Service employee, you would have access to complimentary or discounted services within the group. These include Vacation Niseko Accommodation, Ski Rentals, Ski School, Back-country tours, Summer Activities, Golf and more.
- Individual Seasonal Grand Hirafu lift pass
- Japanese Health Insurance and Pension according to the law.
- Commuting Allowance to and from your place of work, capped at 45,000JPY per month.
- Discretionary bonus paid annually
- Retirement plan
If you are interested, please don't hesitate to send an e-mail with your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Book Directly?
Vacation Niseko has over a decade of experience and an unrivalled expertise tailoring seamless winter packages to Niseko.
Our extensive range of vacation packages cater to all levels of skiers and snowboarders, offering a wide choice of accommodations to suit your budget, style and location.
Our partnerships allows us to offer you unrivalled access to a range of Niseko's best winter activities and services at the most competitive prices.
Present your Vacation Niseko Guest Card for various special offers and discounts across the resort and beyond.