Dear valued guest,
In this time of uncertainty due to the ever-evolving COVID-19 outbreak, we understand your concerns regarding health and safety. We have put a range of measures in place to provide you with flexibility when booking, while also ensuring your safety and comfort when you are able to visit us in the future.
Flexibility when planning your stay
For new reservations for the 2020-21 season, we recognise the need for flexibility in your travel plans in these uncertain times. We have relaxed our standard cancellation policy so you can cancel your booking “Free of charge” before September 1st, 2020. We are continually reviewing emerging news and policies of other companies in the area so we can provide a fair and reasonable policy for our customers. We will potentially adjust our policy once we have more information from the local, prefectural and national governments on the next appropriate steps for the tourism industry. This relaxed policy is valid for bookings made directly through our website or with any of our partner.
For all short stay reservations (less than 2 week stays), we also recognise the need for flexibility in your travel plans. We are currently allowing you to cancel up to 24 hours prior to your arrival no matter which package you have booked. This relaxed policy is valid for bookings made directly through our website or with any of our partner.
Before travelling, please take measures to reduce the risk of infection and if you show any signs of the symptoms, we ask you to refrain from travelling.
Steps to a safe stay
We have stepped up precautionary measures as the health and safety of our guests and employees is of the utmost importance. We are currently taking the following measures to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Daily temperature testing for all staff upon arrival at work for indication of potential infection. Any staff with above normal readings are requested to self-isolate.
- A self check-in / check-out policy for Summer bookings to limit the need for face-to-face contact.
- Frequent sanitisation of high-contact points such as elevator buttons, door handles, reception counters, and bathrooms.
- Alcohol sanitiser placed at guest contact areas, such as our reception area and within individual properties.
- Infrared thermometers are available at the front desk to conduct temperature checks of our guests and employees upon request.
- We use disinfectant when cleaning our properties. Additionally, we are blocking the room before and after each stay to reduce the risk of infection.
- Provision of medical masks and gloves for our guests and employees upon request, subject to availability.
- Regular training of our employees ensuring proper hand hygiene and awareness of COVID-19.
Request for cooperation from guests
- Alcohol sanitiser is provided during all stays. Please cooperate with frequent hand disinfection and frequent hand washing and gargling.
- Please closely monitor your temperature and feeling of wellbeing while in Niseko - if you are feeling unwell or feverish, please remain in your accommodation and contact Vacation Niseko staff via phone for information on local health providers.
- Please limit direct contact with the reception team where possible - if you have questions or concerns, please call first.
We are committed to keeping you informed and caring for you as a valued Vacation Niseko guest. Our thoughts are with all those who are affected directly or indirectly by COVID-19.
For your reference, you can find more information on the Japanese Ministry for Health, Labour and Welfare website - click HERE.
For more locally specific information on COVID-19 policy, click HERE.
We look forward to being able to assist you with your Niseko holiday in the near future.
(Updated: June 3rd, 2020)