Experience Niseko at a different pace. Trek through snow-filled frozen birch forests before recharging with dinner and hot sake at a local restaurant. Whether you’re looking for an activity for the whole family, or looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the village for some peace and quiet, snowshoeing is an excellent choice.
Spring Dog-Friendly Snowshoe Tour (New!)
Designed for guests of SnowDog Village in Spring (when the snow isn't too deep and weather is lovely), snowshoe tours to Hangetsu Lake are available for guests with dogs! Take your best pal on an adventure through the forest at the base of Mt Yotei to Hangetsu Lake, a beautiful frozen lake that is perfect for Winter play time. The tour is lead by an experienced fellow dog-lover and includes complimentary tea and biscuits for breaktime.
- Tour commences at 9:30am at Hangetsu Lake carpark (guests must provide their own transport to the course entrance)
- Tour lasts for 2.5 - 3 hours
- Tour includes snowshoe rental, insurance, tea and biscuits and guide fee
Recommended equipment to bring
- Dog equipment: leash (one regular and one retractable is recommended), poo bags, treats, water
- Warm clothing: ski pants + jacket, beanie, gloves, warm socks
- Sturdy, waterproof boots for snowshoeing (please let us know if you do not have appropriate shoes)
- Water and extra snacks if you need it
- Sunglasses and hat for sunny weather
- Note: please refrain from bringing hiking/snowshoe poles as they may harm dogs on the ground
HANAZONO Snowshoe Tour
This tour will take you through the pristine forest of HANAZONO Resort, and is a convenient choice for those staying in the Niseko resort area.
- Session A: 13:30 - 14:30 (1hr)
- Session B: 14:30 - 15:30 (1hr)
- Tour includes a guide, snowshoes and poles.
- Tour is available to those aged 13 and over.
- Boots or other sturdy & warm footwear is required to use the snowshoes.
Hangetsu Lake Snowshoe Tour
This tour takes you to the base of the majestic Mt Yotei where you will snowshoe and work together with your group to find the best and most fun route to Hangetsu (Half Moon) Lake. This lake freezes over in Winter and is uniquely shaped like a crescent moon, so it is a great option for those looking for a more adventurous snowshoeing experience.
Private Tour Details
- Age: 6 yrs +
- Group Size: Up to 6
- Start Time 9:00 or 13:30
- Duration 3 hours
- Meeting Place Meet at NAC centre or your accommodation
- Notes Free transportation service
Group Tour Details
- Age 6 yrs +
- Group size: Minimum 2, maximum 8
- Start time: 9:00 or 13:30
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting Place: Meet at NAC centre
- Notes: No transportation service
Looking to find out more information on this or would like help booking? We provide booking services to all guests staying with Vacation Niseko.Contact us Today
Why Book Directly?
Vacation Niseko has over a decade of experience and an unrivalled expertise tailoring seamless winter packages to Niseko.
Our extensive range of vacation packages cater to all levels of skiers and snowboarders, offering a wide choice of accommodations to suit your budget, style and location.
Our partnerships allows us to offer you unrivalled access to a range of Niseko's best winter activities and services at the most competitive prices.
Present your Vacation Niseko Guest Card for various special offers and discounts across the resort and beyond.