1st Niseko Ski Marathon
Challenge yourself with the 1st Ski Marathon in Niseko this winter!
The exciting course is a representation of the Niseko area.Beautiful natural forests of pines, oaks and birches; fantastic views of the iconic Mt Yotei; and of course Niseko's famous snow, making the course soft and lovely to ski on. To make the course as Niseko as possible we have included some great climbs and cruisy descents.
There are two courses available in this freestyle cross-country ski marathon: 10km and 30km. The 30km course starts from Kutchan town ski area and heading along beside the river and railway. Racing through the cow paddocks will get you to the first big climb. At the top are stunning views of Mount Yotei, where you head around the base of Weiss to the Zaborin forest. This spectacular trail loops through natural forest including going right past a natural hot spring. The 10 km version of the Niseko Ski Marathon is a much more user friendly course without any huge climbs. This is a great course for all including first time racers.
The 10 km version of the Niseko Ski Marathon is a much more user friendly course. No huge climbs to make you suffer and cry, just a nice gradual slope to climb. We take a circuit around the Toujo potato paddocks, then it is back to the finish. This is a great course for all including first time racers.
The Niseko Ski Marathon is a community race event joining the local town of Kutchan with cross country skiers from within Japan and from around the globe.
1. 30km freestyle cross country ski race.
- High school age or over.
- Time limit to finish is 5 hours
- Time limit to finish Hanazono Climb
2. 10km freestyle cross country ski race.
- Fourth grade primary or over.
- Time to finish is 4 hours
- Friday 27th January 10:00 to 15:00
- Saturday 28th January 10:00 to 15:00
Registration & Bibs:
- Location: Kutchan Town Asahigaoka Ski Area
- Saturday 28th January 12:00 to 16:00
- Sunday 29th January 8:00 to 9:30