Niseko Pre-Arrival Information: Winter 21/22
Vacation Niseko Pre-Arrival Information [Winter]
Here is everything you need to know about your accommodation, transfers, and other services you may have booked with us prior to arrival. Please review the information that corresponds to each element of your holiday package below.
If you have any questions that cannot be answered with the information on this page, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +81 (0) 136 21 2500 [7 days, 9am - 6pm JST].
For in-house or last minute questions/issues, please call our Reception team on +81 (0) 136 21 6466 [7 days, 24 hrs].
Check-in and check-out
Check-in time is 3pm and check-out time is 10am for all Vacation Niseko managed properties. Check-in/out locations and reception hours vary by property. Click the button below to see what hours and locations apply to your selected accommodation.
Early check-in and late check-out requests
Please note we can only satisfy early check-in and late check-out requests if availability permits. If we cannot grant an early check-in or a late check-out, we can hold your luggage at Niseko Landmark View until 3pm on check-in day or until you leave Niseko on departure day.
If you are an international guest, passports for each member of your party must be presented upon check-in, and the reception staff may take a copy of it for documentation purposes. If you booked your stay under the Go To Travel campaign, a piece of identification proving your Japanese address must be shown upon check-in. If you cannot provide sufficient evidence of your address in Japan, Go To discounts may be revoked and you will be charged the full amount for your reservation.
Please practice social distancing and follow reception staff's instructions when gathering in common areas for check-in and check-out.
Emergencies during your stay
If you need urgent assistance during your stay, please call the Niseko Landmark View reception on +81 (0) 136 21 6466. If there is a medical emergency that requires immediate attention, please call the Japanese ambulance service using '119'.
Our standard bedding arrangement will be arranged for your stay unless otherwise requested (at least 3 days prior to arrival). Any last-minute changes made from the standard or requested bedding arrangements during your stay may incur a fee.
What Vacation Niseko is doing for your safety
Click the button below to read about everything we are doing as a company to keep you safe during your stay with us:
What the resorts are doing for your safety
Click the buttons below to read about what each resort in the Niseko area is doing to reduce risk while riding:
Local recommendations for travelling during COVID-19
Below is the recommended course of action for travelling to Niseko during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is presented by Niseko Tourism, the local promotion board for the Niseko area, and is supported by Vacation Niseko:
Travelling with the Go To Travel campaign (Go To Travel is not available for 2021-22)
Here are some important things to note if you have booked your stay using the Go To Travel campaign:
- Last minute or in-resort adjustments to your package may not receive Go To Travel benefits as pricing, discounts and coupons are confirmed/finalised at the time of booking confirmation.
- If you require services while you are in-resort, we recommend using the local business coupons which will be given to you upon check-in.
- Local business coupons are pre-calculated prior to arrival, are non-negotiable after receipt and should be split between your group at your own discretion.
- Local business coupons are valid only at participating businesses - you can find a map of these business here.
- You must be a Japanese resident to receive Go To Travel benefits - the front desk team will check your ID to ensure you have a Japanese address. If you cannot prove that you are a Japanese resident upon check in, your Go To Travel benefits will be revoked and you will have to pay for the full value of your package.
Ski Bus Transfers
Ski bus transfers between Niseko and Chitose Airport/Sapporo City will be operated by one of two companies: Resort Liner or White Liner. For meeting points, please refer to the links below:
- Resort Liner: Chitose Airport Domestic Terminal Meeting Point
- Resort Liner: Chitose Airport International Terminal Meeting Point
- Resort Liner: Sapporo City Meeting Points
- The meeting point locations are all the hotels above 'Nakayama Pass' in the above link
- The exact hotel where you will meet the driver will be confirmed upon booking
- White Liner: Chitose Airport Meeting Point
- Please note you can only meet in the Domestic Terminal for White Liner reservations: directions from the International Terminal are included in the link above
- Resort Liner and White Liner: Hirafu Welcome Center Meeting Point (for Hirafu-based guests)
- Resort Liner and White Liner: Hilton Niseko Meeting Point (for SnowDog Village guests)
Please note you must check in with bus operator staff at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your bus. Failure to check in may result in a 'no-show' and the bus leaving without you. 'No-shows' for ski bus reservations will not receive a refund.
Ski bus reservations made via Vacation Niseko will be booked under the lead guest's name - please quote this name at the meeting point to be granted access to the bus.
For guests arriving and departing via ski bus, Vacation Niseko will provide lifts between your accommodation and the Hirafu Welcome Center or Hilton Niseko Village. If you have booked your ski bus transfer with our team prior to arrival, these lifts will automatically be scheduled. If you have booked your ski bus transfers independently, please let our team know your bus numbers and ETAs so we can arrange lifts for you. Lifts will be conducted in Toyota Hiace vans with Vacation Niseko branding on the side - please keep an eye out for us when waiting for your lift!
Private transfers will meet you at your accommodation in Niseko or Sapporo at the pre-arranged time, or at the arrival gate for your flight. We require flight numbers at the time of booking, as drivers will track the gate and arrival time (including any delays or cancellations) for your flight on the day and arrange their location/meeting time accordingly. Private transfer reservations made via Vacation Niseko will be booked under the lead guest's name - please keep an eye out for a name board at the arrival gate, this is how your driver will find you.
If you have arranged a rental car with Vacation Niseko as part of your package, you will have chosen to pick up the car in either a. Niseko or b. New Chitose Airport.
- If you are picking up and/or dropping off your rental car in Niseko, the pickup/dropoff point is Niseko Landmark View.
New Chitose Airport Pickup
- If you are picking up your car at New Chitose Airport, please go to the corresponding location listed below after you have collected your baggage, and quote your lead guest's name - the rental car staff will pick you up and take you to the car lot where you can collect your vehicle:
- Toyota Rent-a-Car counters, Domestic Terminal
- Toyota Rent-a-Car counters, International Terminal (scroll down)
- ** Please note there are 2x Toyota Rent-a-Car branches that we use, please go to the 'Suzuran' counter first, as we use this branch 9 times out of 10. The staff will instruct you to visit the 'Poplar' counter if the reservation was made with them.
New Chitose Airport Dropoff
- If you are dropping your car off at New Chitose Airport, please go to the corresponding location listed below, park and drop the keys off in the building - this is where you will leave the car, and the rental car staff will take you to your desired terminal for departure:
- Toyota Rent-a-Car Chitose, Suzuran Branch
- Toyota Rent-a-Car Chitose, Poplar Branch
- ** Please note there are 2x Toyota Rent-a-Car branches that we use, please go to the 'Suzuran' location, as we use this branch 9 times out of 10. The staff will instruct you to visit the 'Poplar' location (right nearby) if the reservation was made with them. If you would like to reconfirm which branch you have booked with in advance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Please note that rental car bookings are calculated using 24 hour blocks, so if you would like to extend your reservation by a few hours/half day, the rate for a full 24 hours will apply.
It is imperative you have a valid International Driver’s license when renting a car in Japan. Otherwise. you will be unable to rent the vehicle and may be charged a cancellation fee. More information on valid licenses can be found in the links below:
• Valid International Drivers license details
• Details on the Insurance cover of Toyota Rent-a-Car
• Details on safe driving practices in snowy conditions
If you have reserved your lift passes with Vacation Niseko as part of your package, we will have them ready for you at your designated check-in point.
Please note that if you have a pre-school aged child (under 6), lift passes cannot be arranged for them in advance, as they receive free passes, and they must be age-verified at a lift ticket counter. Please visit a lift ticket counter with your preschooler to receive their free lift pass before you go riding.
Once lift passes are activated, they are no longer refundable. Lift pass activation occurs as you tap onto a lift or use it on the Niseko United Shuttle for the first time. If you have booked a multi-day pass, once it is activated on the first day, days that you don't use the pass are non-refundable. Lift passes are also non-refundable after check-out.
If you have not reserved your lift passes in advance, you can find a list of lift ticket counters here.
Unless otherwise specified, pre-arranged equipment rentals will be done with Niseko Sports at their Hirafu-zaka store.
Pickup and Dropoff
You are able to pick up your rentals from 3pm the day before your rental period starts. Drop off should be done before the store closes on the last day of your rental period.
For those that are starting lessons in Hanazono on their first day on the slopes, we recommend choosing the Hirafu/Hanazono pick up option for their rentals. With this option, you can get fitted for your equipment at the Hirafu-zaka store, and the Niseko Sports staff will transport the gear to their Hanazono308 store for you to pickup the next morning.
Please contact our team if you have any questions relating to equipment rental bookings with Rhythm Japan, Niseko Village or Winter First Rentals.
Niseko International Snowsports School (NISS) 20/21 Winter Information
This Winter due to COVID-19, only private ski school lessons will operate, and the starting point for lessons will be limited to Hanazono. For Hanazono access information, please see here.
If you have booked a Niseko Classic lesson with NISS, your package information (accessible via the intranet link that is used to pay your invoices) page will detail your lesson's start time.
Please be sure to arrive at the Hanazono308 NISS desk to check in for your lesson at least 20 minutes before your scheduled start time. If you are substantially late to your lesson, it may be treated as a no-show and the lesson will be forfeited without refund.
Please contact our team if you have any questions relating to ski school bookings with Hokkaido Ski Club, or Niseko Village Snow School.
If you are staying at Aspect during peak periods (please check with your booking agent to find out if you are staying during peak period), you will receive a Lupicia breakfast delivery each day. Exact delivery times for Lupicia breakfasts for Aspect and pay-per-order guests will be confirmed soon.
Niseko Gourmet In-Room Dining
The chef and host will arrive 30 mins prior to the dinner's scheduled start time. The course/cuisine, date and start time should be pre-arranged with your booking agent. Your accommodation and room number will be communicated to the chef and host prior to your scheduled dinner date. Setup and cleaning/pack down will be done by your chef and host, so there is no need to prepare anything, just be ready in your room for the scheduled time!
Kamimura DIY Dinner Kit Delivery
Unless otherwise requested, Vacation Niseko staff will deliver your DIY dinner kit to your room around 6pm on your chosen evening. Please note this meal option is not available on Mondays, or before 3:30pm. Cooking instructions will be included with the meal.
Hotpot Set Delivery
The ingredients for your hotpot will be delivered to Vacation Niseko staff on the day of your desired dinner. Unless otherwise specified, Vacation Niseko staff will deliver your hotpot ingredients and cooking setup to your room around 6pm on your chosen evening. Please leave the cooking setup in your room, housekeeping will collect it either during a mid-stay clean or upon check out.
Grocery Pack Delivery
Your grocery pack will be delivered to Vacation Niseko staff on the day of check in and placed in your room after cleaning and prior to your arrival.
If you have pre-booked a snowmobile, snowshoe or snow rafting tour, please make your way to Hanazono308 to check in for your tour at least 20 minutes before your scheduled tour start time. Your start time will be arranged with your booking agent prior to arrival, but if you forget, your package information (accessible via the intranet link that is used to pay your invoices) page will detail your activity's start time. If you are substantially late to your activity, it may be treated as a no-show and the lesson will be forfeited without refund.
Please quote your booking ID at the front desk or the lead guest name when checking in at the activities counter.
Please ensure you have appropriate insurance that covers snowsports for your holiday.
**Please note Weiss Cat Skiing will not operate in the 20/21 Winter due to COVID-19**
If you have If you have booked a Weiss Cat Skiing Tour, you MUST reconfirm the tour the day prior by 3pm. The contact number is 0136-21-6688 (please have your booking number handy).
Weiss Cat Skiing Schedule
|Before the starting time||Pick-up service from your accommodation in the Niseko area|
|8:45am*||Registration and safety briefing at HANAZONO 308 |
Provide safety gear, beacon training, explain backcountry awareness, transport to Mt. Weisshorn
|9:15am - 1:30pm||Morning CAT skiing session |
5 - 6 runs depending on the conditions
|1:30pm||Finish tour and drop-off at Hanazono or your accommodation in the Niseko area|
Recommended equipment to bring
We recommend you bring the following items;
- Facemask & neck warmer - We recommend that you wear or carry a facemask and neck warmer
- Gloves - Please choose warm and well fitting gloves
- Ski poles - Poles with powder baskets are recommended
- Skiwear - We recommend guests bring an extra pair of inner-layers as the temperature may change suddenly
- Helmet - Helmets save lives. Helmets prevent injury when falling or crashing, and even protect from wayward tree branches. We strongly recommend all guests wear helmets.
- Goggles & sunglasses - There will be no hike-up on our CAT tour so a pair of sunglasses is not necessary. It's recommended you bring along a spare set of goggles.
- Sports Camera - You are more than welcome to bring these along with you. Share your powder day with friends and family!
We strongly recommend a powder ski/snowboard for Weiss Cat Skiing Tour.
- Skiers: An 80mm waist and over all-around ski is fine, but why not try a set of rocker skis? Rocker skis provide improved flotation on Niseko's deep powder, they turn quickly (handy when in trees) and stop swiftly.
- Snowboarders: We strongly recommended a powder board. You will struggle if your snowboard has a regular camber and freestyle stance setup.
All safety equipment is provided. Bags and/or backpacks with snacks, drinks, cameras etc can be kept in the snow CAT during the tour.
Please ensure you have appropriate insurance that covers snowsports (especially backcountry skiing/snowboarding) for your holiday.
If you have pre-booked booked a backcountry tour with Hanazono Powder Guides (HPG), the mountain guide will pick you up from your accommodation on the day of your tour at the pre-arranged meeting time. The guide will request your phone number and will likely get in contact with you directly regarding the meeting time. If you do not have a phone number to use in Japan, a meeting time can be arranged with your booking agent. Please be waiting in the foyer/entrance for this pick up. You will be required to quote your booking ID or lead guest name when completing your registration at Hanazono 308 (where you will start the tour).
Please ensure you have appropriate insurance that covers snowsports (especially backcountry skiing/snowboarding) for your holiday.
Babysitting and Daycare services are arranged with Niseko Kid's Club.
Babysitter's details will be given to Vacation Niseko staff prior to the reservation, and can be forwarded onto the parents upon request. Babysitters will make their own way to your room/accommodation at the scheduled time and will run you through their process for the session. Any extra time that is accrued outside of the agreed session may be charged to you directly or via Vacation Niseko.
Daycare Information (provided by Niseko Kid's Club):
Dates of Operation
Our centers are open daily from 5 December 2020 to early 4 April 2021.
Hours of Operation
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Programs are available for children aged 12 to 36 months and 3 to 6 years with full day, morning and afternoon sessions.
The child to staff ratio is 3:1 for children aged 12 to 23 months, 4:1 for children aged 24 to 35 months and 8:1 for children aged 3 to 6 years.
Drop off and Pick up times
Drop-off Time: 8:30 a.m. to 09:00 a.m.
Pick-up Time: 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lunch and Snacks
A healthy lunch is provided for full day and morning childcare as well as a healthy mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.
What to Bring
Personal items must be supplied by the parents. We will have items to borrow if necessary but we ask that they be returned the following day.
Please provide us with nappies, nappy cream, winter wear, and at least one spare set of clothes and underwear for your child.
If your child has any special dietary requirements that we cannot accommodate, please provide us with lunch and snacks.
If your child has any skin allergies, please provide us with appropriate lotions and we can administer as needed.
"A typical day"
8:30 AM – Drop-off starts
9.00 AM – Drop-off ends and free play
10.00 AM – Snack Time
10.15 AM – Toilet time, Prepare to go outside
11.15 AM – Come back and prepare for lunch
11.30 AM – Lunchtime, clean up / free play time
12.30 PM – Nap time/quiet time
1.00 PM – Drop-off/pick-up time starts
1.30 PM – Drop-off/pick-up time ends
1.40 PM – Toilet, prepare to go outside
2.40 PM – Come back and prepare snacks
3.20 PM – Snack time
3.35 PM – Free play, Reading time
4:00 PM – Pick-up starts
4.30 PM – Pick-up ends
Please note that all pre-booked restaurants made through Vacation Niseko are subject to each restaurant's own cancellation policy. Sometimes due to the large volumes of people wanting reservations at particular restaurants in busy periods, late cancellations or no-shows are subject to hefty cancellation fees. Please be aware of the cancellation policy of each restaurant you book and be aware that Vacation Niseko will pass on any cancellation fee charged to them on your behalf.
The following check-list is used as a guideline of items you may need during your ski holiday.
Ski/board equipment (if not renting)
✓ ski/board boots
✓ ski poles
✓ helmet (if not renting)
✓ inner protectors (snowboarder)
✓ beacon, probe and shovel if you are venturing into the backcountry
✓ passport – valid for at least 6 months
✓ a valid International driver's license – especially if you are renting a vehicle
✓ sunscreen, lip balm and hand cream
Skiing / boarding clothing
✓ face mask and neck warmer
✓ thermal top or under-layer (not cotton)
✓ ski / board jacket (if not renting)
✓ ski / board pants (if not renting)
✓ ski / board gloves
✓ ski / boards socks
Why Book Directly?
Vacation Niseko has over a decade of experience and an unrivalled expertise tailoring seamless winter packages to Niseko.
Our extensive range of vacation packages cater to all levels of skiers and snowboarders, offering a wide choice of accommodations to suit your budget, style and location.
Our partnerships allows us to offer you unrivalled access to a range of Niseko's best winter activities and services at the most competitive prices.
Present your Vacation Niseko Guest Card for various special offers and discounts across the resort and beyond.