If you're considering booking with us, or just want more information, we're happy to answer all your questions and get you set up.
To experience the most extreme waters the Shiribetsu can offer, consider navigating the river in a ducky (a 2-person inflatable kayak). In a ducky you can feel the full power of the river, and learn a new appreciation for white water under the careful supervision of your guide. Try a tour in the summer or autumn for some more low-key fun!
Dated of Operation: 1st June - August 31st, 2019
WHAT TO EXPECT
Please check in at the main activities desk at HANAZONO Activity Center before 8:50am
HANAZONO Access to HANAZONO
WHAT TO WEAR
You may be wondering what to bring on your HANAZONO whitewater rafting adventure, and for good reason. You will be fitted out with a dry or wet suit but as we run rafting tours rain or shine you are likely to get wet, so it’s a good idea to be prepared no matter what kind of river tour you have planned.
We recommend that you wear loose fitting clothes, avoid skirts, jeans and any material that does not stretch. Please also keep in mind the river water can remain cold throughout the year so please ensure you bring an extra layer of clothing.
- Clothing - We recommend a short sleeved shirt and shorts in Mid Summer (mid July – late August) and a long sleeved shirt and long pants in Spring and Autumn.
- Glasses - If you wear glasses, we can provide you with a string so you don’t lose them on the river.
- Contact lenses - Please either change to glasses or only wear disposable contact lenses. You may also wear goggles over you contact lenses.
- Watches/Jewelry - Please remove all watches, jewelry before you arrive.
- Shoes - You will be fitted out with river booties for your trip, there is no need for socks.
WHAT TO BRING
- A full change of clothes & a towel - You will get wet!
- Cameras & electronic devices - Please do not bring any cameras, electronic devices with you on the river. We have professional photographers that will take action shots of you tour. Photo CD’s are available for purchase for ¥2,000.
- Other Valuables - When bringing any valuables please remember to store them in the lockers provided
GETTING FITTED OUT
Once you are ready, our guides will instruct you how to get fitted out. The below is the standard for the majority of our river trips.
Guests under the influence of alcohol may not participate on river tours.
Looking for more niseko summer fun?
Niseko is an outdoor playgroud during summer. If you like ducky, then you will likely be interested in one of these other exciting activities.
Why Book Directly?
Vacation Niseko has over a decade of experience and an unrivalled expertise tailoring seamless winter packages to Niseko.
Our extensive range of vacation packages cater to all levels of skiers and snowboarders, offering a wide choice of accommodations to suit your budget, style and location.
Our partnerships allows us to offer you unrivalled access to a range of Niseko's best winter activities and services at the most competitive prices.
Present your Vacation Niseko Guest Card for various special offers and discounts across the resort and beyond.