Niseko Dog Friendly Snowshoe Tour
Go on an adventure with your dog in the beautiful Niseko wilderness with other dog lovers!
You will be guided on a snowshoe tour to Hangetsu Lake, a stunning frozen lake at the base of Mt Yotei.
Enjoy a bento lunch with a local Rusutsu pork sandwich and handmade cookies (dog-safe cookies also included) and let your dogs enjoy the Winter wonderland!
After the tour, Upashi Seta (dog-friendly cafe/izakaya) will be open for paw lattes, so you can relax with other dog lovers and meet new friends.
Event guests receive an exclusive discount and complimentary late checkouts for SnowDog Village, Niseko's premier dog-friendly accommodation, so you can go on a weekend trip to Niseko and enjoy skiing, restaurants and onsens with your furry friend as well!
- Saturday 27th, 3pm: Check-in for SnowDog Village overnight stays open
- Sunday 28th, 9am: Meet at SDV reception to meet the group and your guide
- ~9:30am: Arrive at Hangetsu car park and begin tour
- ~10:15am: Reach Hangetsu Lake and enjoy playtime with cookies and bento lunch
- ~12 noon: Return to Hangetsu car park
- ~12:30 onwards: Return to SDV for paw lattes and social time with group (not compulsory, guests can depart from Hangetsu car park if they wish)
- Tour Only: ~3hr snowshoe tour with lunch and snack → ¥7,000pp (1 dog pp included)
- Stay package: ~3hr snowshoe tour with lunch and snack (1 dog pp included) + 1 night stay in a SnowDog Village studio apartment w/ free late checkout → 19,450pp*
- Snowshoe rental
- Guide fee
- Bento lunch with local Rusutsu pork sandwich^
- Snack: human cookies and dog-safe cookies^
- Free late checkout for guests staying at SnowDog Village overnight
- 10% off dinner at Upashi Seta†
Recommended equipment to bring
- Mask (necessary!)
- Dog equipment: leash (one regular and one retractable is recommended), poo bags, treats, water
- Warm clothing: ski pants + jacket, beanie, gloves, warm socks
- Sturdy, waterproof boots for snowshoeing (please let us know if you do not have appropriate shoes)
- Sunglasses and hat for sunny weather
- Note: please refrain from bringing hiking/snowshoe poles as they may harm dogs on the ground
- *Price calculated for two people staying together in an apartment, price will increase if a single person is staying in an apartment alone. Dog apartment-stay surcharge not included (price calculated by size of dog)
- ^If you or your dog has special dietary requirements, please let us know at the time of booking
- †Upashi Seta is open for Friday dinner, Saturday lunch + dinner, Sunday lunch. 10% off is limited to the first two groups who book a dinner reservation due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements inside the restaurant
- Please note we can only accept well trained dogs to stay at SnowDog Village and participate in the snowshoe tour. Dogs must meet all the conditions outlined on this page (under 'Conditions of Dog Stay Approval') to participate in the tour. Important conditions to note include breed restrictions, vaccination standards, age/size of dog and health/training requirements.
- Location of the snowshoe tour may be changed on the day in the case of inclement weather
- Non-dog owners are welcome to participate in the tour
- All participants with dogs must submit proof of vaccination before arriving at SnowDog Village for the event. Unvaccinated dogs cannot participate in this event
- Please be sure to bring dog poo bags and keep your dogs on a leash when on the tour
- Paw lattes at Upashi Seta after the snowshoe tour are not included in the pricing above
- Participants will be required to provide their own transport between SnowDog Village and the snowshoe track - free parking is available at both locations
- Maximum 8 participants and 8 dogs per tour
- Open to human participants of primary school age and over
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- For guests staying at SnowDog Village over the weekend, please see accommodation safety measures on our SafeStay Guarantee page
- For those who will return to Upashi Seta to enjoy paw lattes after the tour, please kindly order them for take-away and refrain from socialising inside the restaurant unless you have a reservation for a sit-down lunch
- Please keep social distance and make sure to wear a mask throughout the event
- Please do not attend the tour if you are feeling ill or have a fever, if you are recovering from COVID-19 or if you are a close contact of someone with a positive COVID diagnosis
Why Book Directly?
Vacation Niseko has over a decade of experience and an unrivalled expertise tailoring seamless winter packages to Niseko.
Our extensive range of vacation packages cater to all levels of skiers and snowboarders, offering a wide choice of accommodations to suit your budget, style and location.
Our partnerships allows us to offer you unrivalled access to a range of Niseko's best winter activities and services at the most competitive prices.
Present your Vacation Niseko Guest Card for various special offers and discounts across the resort and beyond.